Call for Volunteers - You Can Make a Difference!
Are you currently looking to…
… more deeply contribute to your profession
… network with other industry professionals
… meet individuals that share the vision of making WERC better every day?
Our local WERCouncils provide an opportunity for almost all interests, expertise and schedules. Our volunteers are important to us. If you are already a volunteer, thank you for all that you do for our association. You’re a vital part of who we are and what we do.
Customarily, the officers of the WERCouncil - who must be active members of WERC - include:
Depending on the individual WERCouncil, they may also include elected coordinators (both members and non-members) whose elections are staggered to provide overlapping terms of service.
- Vice Chair or Co-Chair
How do I get elected to a Chapter WERCouncil?
- Be an active member of WERC and espouse the mission of the association.
- Be active and support your local WERCouncil by participating in events and activities
- Express your interests to the current chapter leadership or complete the Volunteer Form below.
Suggested terms of officers should be no longer than two years in sequence for any given position.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the Chapter Coordinator at national, delivering reports and all supporting materials as requested and following requested timelines.
- Comply with all rules and regulations of WERC and any applicable local laws for the Chapter.
- Promote effectiveness and efficiency of chapter operations.
- Safeguard all chapter assets.
The time commitment for various chapter officer positions and councilors varies. Please refer to the specific duties of each position listed under the Chapter Leaders Resource area and confer with the local Chapter Chair for an estimate of possible time spent during the tenure of each position.
WERCouncils are looking for people (members and non-members) to help out with local initiatives. Now is a great time to begin. We have opportunities now and throughout the year. No matter how you choose to volunteer, there is something for everyone.
WERCouncils operate on the same fiscal year as the National Office which is from July 1 – June 30 of each year. Volunteers are needed year-round in most areas. Once you apply, we will review any openings and contact you with an update within 2-weeks.
For more information about WERCouncils, please contact the Chapter Coordinator at 630.990.0001 or firstname.lastname@example.org.