The WERC Warehouse Assessment and Certification Program assesses an individual warehouse facility’s capabilities and performance of core warehousing functions. The two-day assessments are conducted by an independent, third party auditor who provides an outsider's impartial perspective on an operation's internal processes and their alignment to Best-in-Class facilities' performance.
The process utilizes a robust, industry standard-grading methodology that includes an on-site facility inspection and process assessment to benchmark and score eight-key functional areas within warehouse operations across a 5-point scale. Ratings are compared against the recommendations included in WERC's Warehousing & Fulfillment Process Benchmarking & Best Practices Guide, which was completely updated in 2016.
Additionally, the WERC Warehouse Assessment Certification documentation offers insights into potential areas of improvement that will enhance a facility's performance metrics and ensure that the work warehouse associates tackle daily supports an organization's mission, vision, values, and long-term goals.
||3rd Party Providers:
- Delivers unbiased, professional review of warehousing practices compared to industry standards
- Identifies areas for improvement
- Provides tools to benchmark against internal and external facilities
- Assesses warehouse process criteria for outsource partners
- Identifies opportunities for improvement with 3PL's
- Allows sourcing and procurement professionals to enforce a standard process and aptitude levels with their 3PL's
- Creates assurance for Facility Operators
- Allows facility to claim "WERC Certified Warehouse"
- Enhances brand visibility within industry
As the only professional organization focused on warehouse and logistics management and its role in the supply chain, WERC is the recognized leader in education and research in the field. WERC focuses on advancing the art and science of warehousing/distribution and driving the warehouse profession to new levels.
In this role, WERC is committed to helping these professionals keep their distribution systems running smoothly, efficiently and economically. The development and delivery of a set of standards and tools for grading warehouse operations is a part of this effort to continue to support our members and the industry.
Contact our program representatives for additional program information and case studies.