Friday, September 14, 2012
Columbus WERCouncil Kenco/Whirpool Distribution Center Tour
09:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Kenco/Whirlpool Distribution Center
6241 Shook Rd.
Join the Columbus WERCouncil for a tour of the Kenco Operated Whirlpool Distribution Center. Come tour this highly efficient operation to learn how they implement best practices and processes that continually enhance their customers' experience.
Please Note: You must have a login ID to register online. To create a login click on the "Create Login" link in the upper right corner. If you need to register multiple people, please use the PDF form below or call our office and we can take the registrations over the phone. Call 630.990.0001.
|WERC would like to thank the following for their support of the WERCouncil program:
Please note: A boxed lunch will be provided.
6241 Shook Rd. Lockbourne, OH 43137 (Map)
Kenco is one of the largest privately held, family-owned third party logistics providers in the United States. For over 60 years, they have provided fully integrated and complex supply chain solutions to Fortune 500 companies in the areas of warehousing and distribution, transportation services, technology solutions, real estate management, and material handling equipment/services.
About the Facility:
- Kenco has been operating this facility since 2008.
- 1.56 million square feet
- 130 Associates
- Average of 17,000 units shipped / received per day
- Operate up to 58 clamp trucks per shift
- Operate using SAP and Manhattan WMS
- Rail line into facility can handle 8 cars per shift
- 3 shifts 5 days/week scheduled; weekends as needed
- Currently holds 250,000 appliances
- Distribution primarily to 10 states
- Work in conjunction with other Whirlpool partners
- Penske Logistics - Transportation planning
- JB Hunt - Final mile delivery services
- One of 5 Regional Distribution Centers in Whirlpool network operated by Kenco
- Major initiatives: Kenco-Whirlpool Integrated Network (K-WIN) process focusing on best practices and consistent, high quality service across the network
Export to Outlook